CAMC website - West Midlands - Solihull
CL no. 1598 - Sites Directory & Handbook 2019-20 page 478
We have introduced a number of changes to the CL to help to keep our visitors safe and ask for your cooperation in complying with them. These include:
- temporary reduction to three hardstanding pitches and one grass pitch (ground conditions permitting) to increase social distancing
- separate water tap for each pitch
- fee payment by bank transfer or contactless card available
- temporary closure of the information hut. We will continue to provide footpath and cycle routes maps - these are also available for download on this website.
- no visitors to the CL without express permission in advance.
In addition we ask visitors to bring your own disposable gloves and PPE for use when using the toilet waste disposal or other communal facilities.
About Gate Farm CL
A tranquil rural site where Caravan and Motorhome Club members are welcome all year round and whatever their outfit - caravan, motorhome*, camper or trailer tent.
Do we have spaces?
Check our calendar now on UKCampsite.co.uk
(green dates mean spaces are available)
Please like our Facebook page to receive the latest news and updates from Gate Farm
Enjoyed staying at Gate Farm?
Please leave us a members' review
(log in required, click "read more reviews", then "review and rate this site").
Gate Farm is a mixed farm worked by the present family for more than 50 years. Alongside a tributary of the River Blythe SSSI, it is a haven for wildlife, including 10-acres of wildflower meadows.
In the centre of the farm, the caravan site has exceptional views across the valley and surrounding farmland and offers hard and grass pitches and electric hook-up (subject to fair use). There is a free WiFi internet connection and Freeview and 4G mobile reception are both good. As it is close to Birmingham Airport planes pass intermittently, but at other times the site is peaceful.
Dogs are welcome, but, because there are farm animals here, dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. The adjacent Heart of England Way footpath provides a pleasant dog walk, but please clean up after your pet and dispose only in the bin provided. See Footpaths and Dog Walks Map (PDF).
Despite being surrounded by nature, Gate Farm is surprisingly close to the many attractions which bring visitors to the Midlands:
- 15 minutes drive to the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham Airport and Kenilworth,
- 20 minutes to Warwick, Coventry and Solihull,
- 30 minutes to the centre of Birmingham and Stratford-upon-Avon.
An hourly bus service from the CL site entrance serves Knowle, Balsall Common and Coventry, and also Solihull Station for trains to Birmingham, Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon. NEC visitors may find it convenient to use the train service from Berkswell with free parking for events where there is a car park charge, and to reach Birmingham and Coventry. Dorridge Station (4 miles, parking charge) also serves Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon.
Local shops are within 3 miles and excellent pubs within easy reach - the nearest a relaxed stroll along secluded lanes. For eating out there are scores of establishments within easy reach - both Knowle and Kenilworth are especially noteworthy for the number and variety of restaurants.
- | Visitor Information | Public Transport | Emergency Numbers |
- Download map and directions showing recommended routes for towing and motorhomes (A4 PDF)
- Recommended routes to and from NEC avoiding M42 and A45 (PDF)
- Footpaths and Dog Walks Map (PDF)
- Local Cycle Routes (PDF)
- CAMC members offers in this area
* maximum length for Motorhomes is 8.5m.